- Add the yolks into a bowl & grate in the Parmesan finely. Season the two ingredients with pepper, and mix well with a fork.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water until al dente. Don’t forget to salt you water before cooking!
- Peel your garlic then crush with the surface of a knife. Add a splash of oil to a frying pan and heat to a medium heat.
- Throw the garlic into the frying pan and fry for 1 minute. Add in the pancetta and cook for a further 4 minutes or until brown & crispy.
- Reserve a mugful of the pasta cooking water, then drain the spaghetti.
- Add the spaghetti to the pancetta and garlic and toss well over the heat so it soaks up all that incredible flavour. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add a splash of the pasta cooking water to the mix and toss well, season with pepper, then pour in your egg mixture.
- The residual heat will help to cook the egg gently & evenly instead of scrambling it! Continue to toss well and add a little more cooking water until it’s glossy.
- Finally, serve with a grated Parmesan and an extra pinch of pepper!
Making authentic italian carbonara in the comfort of your own home has never been easier! This simple pasta dish contains some inexpensive ingredients you purchase from any supermarket.
With just a handful of ingredients and around 20 minutes of your time, you can whip up an incredible tasting, legendary dish to impress your friends & family.
You will find no double cream in this recipe as a real carbonara should not contain the stuff!