- Tip the chipotle paste, garlic, red onion, cloves, lime juice, oregano and cider vinegar into the slow cooker and mix until combined. Add in the bay leaves, beef stock and coriander, then put the bad boy brisket in.
- Roll the brisket around in the sauce to ensure every side has at least some coating.
- Plug your slow cooker in and put the lid on (Crucial step!). Cook on the High setting for an initial 1 hour and then turn that puppy to Low for 8 hours.
- After the 8 hour mark, the beef should fall apart and you can use 2 forks to shred the beef. After your done shredding, leave the beef to cook for a final 15 minutes in the sauce.
- Serve the beef in some tortillas with some cracking homemade guacamole and sour cream.
Chipotle beef barbacoa is an incredible mexican dish perfect for large groups or organised people looking to meal prep. It also just tastes incredible so it’s great for anyone really!
Our barbacoa beef recipe is simple and requires very little effort. You’ve got some super easy prep work to do and then it’s just a case wacking the slow cooker on and leaving it to cook for around 9 hours in total.
You can enjoy this beef in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, fajitas and even between 2 slices of bread! Pair with some homemade guac and a salsa verde and you’ve got yourself an absolute show stopper of a meal.