Tired of store-bought cheese sauces that just don’t hit the mark? We’ve got the solution for you!
After countless trials and taste tests, we’ve crafted the ultimate cheese sauce recipe that’s creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-delicious.
Whether you’re looking to drizzle it over nachos, mix it into pasta, or simply dip your favorite snacks, this cheese sauce is sure to impress.
If you’re curious about the difference between this cheese sauce and others or have any other cheese sauce-related questions, dive into our FAQ section below.
And if you’re in the mood for another sauce, why not check out our KFC Supercharger Sauce recipe?
Enough chit-chat, let’s dive into the cheesy goodness.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 200g Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 250ml Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Whisk in the flour to form a roux and cook for 1-2 minutes, ensuring it doesn’t brown.
- Gradually pour in the milk while continuously whisking to avoid any lumps. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once the mixture has thickened slightly, reduce the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese and cream cheese until melted and smooth.
- Add the mustard powder, white pepper, salt, and paprika. Stir well to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve warm and enjoy your homemade cheese sauce!
FAQ's on Cheese Sauce
What cheeses can be used in a cheese sauce?
While we’ve used cheddar and cream cheese in our recipe, many cheeses like mozzarella, gouda, and Monterey Jack can also be used. The key is to choose cheeses that melt well.
Can I store leftover cheese sauce?
Absolutely! Store any leftover cheese sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave, adding a splash of milk if needed to regain the desired consistency.
What dishes pair well with this cheese sauce?
This versatile sauce is perfect for nachos, macaroni and cheese, baked potatoes, vegetables, and even as a dip for chips or bread.